The Heartworks, STEAMworks, Renaissance, & Endeavour Schools are a work of the heart. We provide a safe, nurturing, and creative environment where students thrive as they achieve academic excellence, develop moral character and social and emotional maturity, and attain appropriate life skills. We prepare students for the next educational challenge and to be confident lifelong learners in the service of a better world.
- We believe that mindfulness, manners, kindness, and respect are essential in our community and help create a positive learning environment
- We believe that spending time in nature during play time, science class, hikes, PE, and field trips like camping and kayaking helps develop physical skills and life skills, as well as an interconnectedness with the Earth and all living things
- We believe that encouraging a growth mindset among students produces students with grit, motivation, and a love of learning
- We believe that educational practices that broaden and enrich student experience with a range of creative, outreach, and applied learning activities in local and world communities are transformative
- We believe that academics with clear curricular, instructional, and learning outcomes prepare students for the next educational challenge
- We believe that curriculum that includes an essential knowledge base, as well as new topics and ideas, helps develop critical thinking skills among students, encouraging lifelong learning